Do you have a certificate in Housekeeping from TESDA? Do you have at least one year experience working as a Housekeeper?
Are you open to sharing your housekeeping skills and experience in the beautiful country of Japan?
Updated: March 5, 2019
The TAI FIL Manpower Services Corp. is currently hiring Housekeeping Workers for Japan.
It is open to female applicants, 23 years old and above, at least high school graduate, with or without experience.
This is a principal project of Duskin. The Proposed Salary is JPY 178,500 or around PHP 80,000.
To inquire or apply for as a housekeeper in Japan, you may contact the agency directly:
- Name of Agency: TAI FIL Manpower Services Corp
- Contact Number: 511-7381 / 09158197119
- Address: 4C, D, and E, N.T. Ctr. Alabang-Zapote, Tierra Nueva Vill Cupang, Muntinlupa
Source: You may also check this job posting at Workabroad.ph
If your answer is yes to these questions, then you have a big chance of being qualified for this job opening in Tokyo,
Other Housekeeping Job Offers
Magsaysay Global Services, Inc., a POEA licensed agency, is currently pooling for 100 housekeepers for employment in Tokyo, Japan. This is a project of Pasona Inc or Poppins Corporation.
This is open to female applicants, who are 21 years old and above, with at least a High School Diploma and 1 year of related housekeeping experience.
If you don’t have experience in housekeeping, but you have been a Domestic Helper before, you are also qualified to apply as a Housekeeper in Japan.
Another qualification is that you must have TESDA NCII Domestic Work Certificate and Certificate of Completion from the Training Center (COC-CAV).
You are required to have a valid passport as part of the of documentary requirements and initial qualifications for this job hiring.
It would be an advantage for you if you can speak Japanese Nihonggo, but even if you don’t have foreign language skills, you may still apply for the Housekeeping Job post.
To inquire or to submit your application and requirements for Housekeeping Job in Japan vacancy, you may contact the agency at 567-2222 local 9350 or 9649.
You may also visit their office personally at 7th Flr. Times Plaza Bldg. United Nations Ave. Corner Taft Ave. Manila.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeper?
The duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeper or Housekeeping Staff vary according to the employment environment (domestic or commercial). He or she may be assigned to a hotel, a hospital, a mansion or just an ordinary household.
Generally, the main objective of a housekeeping job is to maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment for either commercial establishments or private households.
Below are some of the duties and responsibilities of a Housekeeper:
- dust and polish furniture and fittings
- sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
- dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- wipe down glass surfaces
- tidy up rooms and make up beds and change linens as required
- sort, wash, load and unload laundry
- iron and press clothing and linen
- sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- purchase groceries and household supplies
- plan and cook meals for the employer
- wash dishes and clean kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
- run errands for the employer
- take care of children
Required Skills and Competencies in Housekeeping:
- knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- physical stamina and mobility including the ability to push, lift, reach, kneel and bend
- honestly and reliability
- listening skills and customer focus
- teamwork especially when working with colleagues
There are growth and development opportunities in a housekeeping job depending on your work environment. If you show exemplary performance and potential managerial skills, you can be promoted to a higher position such as a Housekeeping Supervisor.
TESDA Housekeeping Course for Filipinos
The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority or TESDA offers Housekeeping Courses online and offline for Filipinos around the world.
The TESDA Housekeeping NC II qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to:
- prepare guest rooms
- clean public areas and equipment
- provide housekeeping services
- provide valet services
- handle intoxicated guest
- laundry linen and guest clothes
In order to get the National Qualification of Housekeeping NC II, the trainee may apply for assessment in any accredited Assessment Centers. You must also be able to demonstrate competence in all units or clusters of core units of the Qualification.
If you achieved this Qualification, you are considered competent to be employed:
- Junior Cleaner
- Assistant Cleaner
- Assistant Public Area Cleaner
- Cleaner, Public Area Cleaner
- Room/Cabin Attendant/Room Maid
- Laundry Attendant
- Housekeeping Attendant
If you are not yet available to take the actual Housekeeping Training of TESDA, you may take the online training through the TESDA Online Program (TOP). You can take as many online courses as you can by just using your computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection.
Another good thing about TOP is that you can access the courses anytime and anywhere even if you’re currently employed here or abroad.
Click here for more info about TESDA Housekeeping NC II.