SSS online application is the first step if you want to become an SSS member and have your own SSS number.
Unlike before when the only option was to go the SSS branch to apply as an SSS member and get an SSS number, now it’s easier to do that with the My.SSS online facility.
Why apply as an SSS Member?
As you have probably heard from your friends or relatives, the Social Security System provides benefits that you can use or avail of later when the need arises.
Some of these SSS benefits include, sickness benefit, maternity benefit for female members, disability benefit, retirement benefit, and even funeral benefit.
As an SSS member, you may also avail of the SSS salary loan which can be a big help to you when you need it in the future.
So, how do you become an SSS member?
You can apply for SSS membership either by going to the SSS branch directly or through SSS online application.
How to Apply for SSS Online
SSS online application will allow you to apply as an SSS member and you will be given an SSS number.
But please take note that your SSS membership will be tagged as “temporary” until you submit the required documents to the SSS branch.
Go to the SSS website.
When you’re on this page, click the “here” link (see below).
Then, you will see this page with the step by step guide for SSS online application, reminders, and list of requirements of SSS membership.
Click the “Start” button.
Enter the required information in the SSS online application form.
Review the information you entered, enter the word verification in the box at the bottom, and click Submit.
After you submitted the SSS online application form, a link will be sent to your email.
Click on the link and fill out the continuation of the SSS online application form.
Fill out the form completely.
Your SSS Number will be generated.
After you clicked the “Generate SS Number” button, you will receive an option to print your ePersonal Record and SS Number Slip. This will also be sent to your email.
Print the Personal Record Form, SS Number Slip, and SSS Number Application Confirmation email body that was sent to you by the number.
- Go to your nearest SSS Branch and submit the required documentary requirements together with the SSS Number slip.
- If you’re married, bring a copy of your Marriage Contract
- If you have a child or children, bring a copy of their Birth Certificate
- For Non-Working Spouse, your working spouse must sign before his/her name on the printed Personal Record Form. The signature of your working spouse signifies that he/she agrees with your SSS Membership.
1. When you apply for SSS membership or SSS number online, your membership status with SSS shall remain “Temporary” until you submit the required supporting documents.
This means that your SSS Number can only be used for:
- Contribution payment and employee reporting by the employer.
- Submission of required documents for conversion of Membership Status from “Temporary” to “Permanent”.
2. Availment of SSS loans and benefits (subject to qualifying conditions) and UMID Card Application (provided applicant has one posted contribution) shall be allowed only for Permanent Membership Status.
What is the difference between SSS Online Application and SSS Online Registration?
It actually depends on what you’re trying to accomplish, but in this article, SSS online application is the step by step guide on how to apply as an SSS member and get your SSS number online.
SSS online registration, on the other hand, is the step by step guide on how to register your SSS account online so that you can view your SSS contributions and access the online features of My.SSS or SSS portal.
If you are already an SSS member and you already have an SSS number, and have made a contribution payment to SSS, you may now register for an SSS online account.
What is My.SSS?
My.SSS is the online service portal of the SSS that allows registered SSS members to access their social security records online including their SSS contributions and salary loan balance and statement of account.
With My.SSS, you can access your SSS contributions anytime and anywhere without going through the hassle of going to a branch and standing in long lines.
How to Register SSS Online thru My.SSS
SSS online registration can be done very easily.
All you need is a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer with internet connection. Then, follow these steps:
Go to the SSS website at sss.gov.ph or you can access the SSS Online Registration page here.
Choose one information you’ve previously registered in SSS.
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID CARD
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
Fill out the required information in the SSS online registration form
Don’t leave any of the required field blank or incorrectly filled out.
Here are some guidelines when filling out the SSS online registration form:
- If your last name and/or given name exceeds the character limit, just use the format of your name on your SSS ID or UMID card. You may contact SSS through its hotline (920-6446 to 55) if you don’t have your ID card right now.
- You can leave the Middle Name field blank if you have no middle name, as it’s not a required info.
- To input your date of birth, use the drop-down calendar to prevent an error in your SSS online registration.
- If you’ve chosen “UMID CARD” in Step 1, the online form will ask for your UMID card pin code.
- Don’t have the pin code yet? You have to activate your UMID card first in the SSS information terminal at select SSS branches.
- Don’t forget to enter the captcha code at the bottom of the page and tick the small box next to “I accept the Terms of Service.”
When you’re done, review all the information you entered. Click the Submit button. A short message will appear to confirm the successful submission of your enrollment for SSS online registration. Click OK.
Check your email after at least 30 minutes
After you submit your My.SSS web registration application, SSS will validate your info against its records.
If they match, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com after half an hour or less.
The message contains an activation link and your user ID.
If the email address you provided is not Yahoo Mail (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), check your Spam folder if you can’t find the SSS email in your main inbox.
Activate your My.SSS account
Once you receive the email from SSS, click on the activation link.
You need to activate your account immediately up to five days. Or else, the activation link will expire, and you will have to register again.
Clicking on the link will direct you to a page where you’ll be required to create a password and re-type to confirm it.
Here are the guidelines for your password:
- Eight to 20 alphanumeric numbers
- The first character is an alphabet
- No special characters
- Must be different from your user ID
When you’re done, click the Submit button. If the two passwords match, you will be directed immediately to your My.SSS account.
Watch this video tutorial for SSS Online Registration:
Why You Should Register to My.SSS account
The Social Security System has made it easier for easier members to access their SSS records through the My.SSS online facility.
You don’t need to go to the SSS branch to do these things because they’re now accessible online:
- View, download and print your membership records
- Check your posted contributions
- Make online transactions such as filing an SSS salary loan application and applying for SSS maternity benefit
- Check your SSS loan repayment records
- View details on your SSS benefit claims
- Schedule appointments with an SSS branch
- Ask questions, report a complaint, and discuss your concerns about SSS-related issues on the Members Forum within the online portal
With all these convenience and features that the My.SSS portal provides, why would you not register to SSS online?
Watch this video to know more about My.SSS and its Features:
Who Can Register to My.SSS?
All SSS members are encouraged to register for an online account at My.SSS.
You can sign up for an online SSS account if you belong to any of the following:
- Employees with SSS coverage
- Self-employed or voluntary members
- Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)
- Unemployed spouses with at least one month posted SSS contribution
- Kasambahays and other household employees
What to do if SSS Online Registration is Unsuccessful?
When your SSS online registration is unsuccessful, try doing it again by choosing another registration option.
Or you can email SSS at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Or you may call SSS Hotline (632) 920-6401.
Or you may visit the nearest SSS branch so you may be assisted by an SSS personnel about your SSS online registration.
FAQs about SSS Online Application and SSS Online Registration
Q: Where can I find the SSS registration form or SSS online registration e1?
- You can access the online form here or follow the steps above for SSS online application.
Q: Where can I find the SSS e1 Form?
- If you prefer to apply as SSS member and get your SSS number personally at the SSS branch, you may get the SSS e1 form at the branch or you may download it here.
- Download SSS e1 Form
Q: What are the SSS requirements for self employed?
- A self-employed person should accomplish and submit Self-Employed Data Record (SS Form RS-1). If he/she has no existing SS number, SS Form RS-1 should be submitted with the original/certified true copy and photocopy of any of the primary or any two (2) of the secondary documents acceptable in securing SS number.
- A self-employed person who has employee/s should also register as an employer and secure an employer number by proper accomplishment and submission of Employer Registration (SS Form R-1) and Employment Report (SS Form R-1A). (Source: SSS)
Q: How to get SSS number if forgotten?
- Go to the nearest SSS branch and bring two valid IDs for verification purposes
- You can call the SSS customer service at 920-6401 to 55
Q: How Can I check my contribution online?
- Read this article: How Can Check My Contribution Online?
- Or watch this video tutorial on how to check your SSS Contribution Online:
Q: What is the current SSS Contribution Table?
- Check this page: SSS Contribution Table 2019
- How to Login to SSS Online Successfully and View your SSS Contributions
- How to Get UMID Card Fast – Requirements, Steps, and Updates
- How to Get SSS Payment Reference Number (PRN) for SSS Contribution
- SSS Loan Application: What are the SSS Loan Requirements and How to Apply