Since January 16, 2018, all SSS members must present their SSS Payment Reference Number or PRN to pay their SSS contributions.
SSS PRN is a unique number that is generated for each SSS member which you need to use when paying your contributions to the Philippine Social Security System.
Some SSS members, especially the voluntary members, are still confused as to what the SSS PRN or Payment Reference Number is.
- The PRN is not the CRN or Common Reference Number that you can find in your UMID or SSS ID.
- The PRN is also not the SSS Number.
So, what is my PRN?
There are different ways to find or get your PRN.
For Individual Members or Voluntary Members:
- If you registered your mobile number with the SSS, you will receive your PRN through SMS or text message.
- If you didn’t receive it, you may request your PRN through the following options:
- Request your PRN by going to the E-Centers or Member Services Section in SSS branches
- Request your PRN at the SSS Tellering Counters and Payment Channels
- Request your PRN via Email
- Send an email to PRNHelpLine@sss.gov.ph or firstname.lastname@example.org to request for your PRN. Indicate your name, SSS Number or Common Reference Number (CRN), and your date of birth in the email.
- Request your PRN via Phone Call
- Call the PRN Helpline at 920-6446 to 55 or the Toll-Free Hotline 1-800-10-225, which is open 24 hours, Mondays to Fridays.
- Request your PRN via Online
- Register and Login to the online facility of SSS (My.SSS) at www.sss.gov.ph
For me, the easiest and most convenient way to get SSS PRN is via online.
I just need to login to my SSS online account, and I can easily view my SSS PRN and access my SSS contributions online.
I don’t need to go to the SSS branch anymore. It’s very convenient.
If you are already registered to SSS online, here’s how you can get your SSS PRN or Payment Reference Number.
Open the SSS website at sss.gov.ph. Look for the Member Login box, then enter your User ID and Password.
If you’re not registered yet, click the button below “Not yet registered in My.SSS?”
Once you’re successfully logged in, click the Payment Reference Number (PRN) tab on the main navigation menu.
Your Payment Reference Number (PRN) will appear on the page. The information that you will see on the page were based on your previous SSS contribution payment.
Click the “Print Statement of Account (SOA)” button to print your SOA with your PRN which you will present when you pay your SSS contributions.
Click “Edit SOA” button if you would like to change the Applicable Period, Amount of Monthly Contributions and Membership Type.
- To edit the SOA, enter the correct info and click Submit Request.
Here is a sample Statement of Account with Payment Reference Number or PRN.
Steps to Get PRN for Employers
- Log in to your My.SSS account
- Click on Payment Reference Number (PRN)
- Review and edit your e-CL (Electronic Collection List)
- Generate Payment Reference Number (PRN)
Why Use SSS Payment Reference Number (PRN)
Using the PRN when paying your SSS contributions allows the system to post your payment real-time.
Once you have paid your contributions, you will be able to see it in your SSS account immediately.
This means that there would no longer be delays in the posting of contributions and in the processing of SSS benefits.
PRN Update 2019
SSS members are urged to update their contact information with the SSS.
3 Ways to Update Contact Information:
- Visit the nearest SSS branch of office
- Accomplish the Member Data Change Request Form (SSS Form E-4) or the Member Information portion of the Payment Slip.
- Log in to your My.SSS online account
- Click the “Try My.SSS Beta” found in the SSS Website’s homepage
- Log in using your My.SSS account
- Click the “My Information” then the “Update Information;”
- Check the box that you want to update;
- Click “Next” then “Update” and save or print the Online Data Change Request form in PDF.
- Register in SSS Mobile Application
- Log in using your My.SSS account username and password
- Click My Information;
- Click Update Information;
- Click Contact Details and choose Mobile Number and submit.
Updating of contact information is important because SSS members will now be able to receive their PRN via SMS or text message which will be sent to their registered mobile number in SSS records.
Enhanced SSS Mobile App
Generating of PRN has now been made easier through the enhanced SSS Mobile Application.
Self-employed (SE), voluntary members (VM), Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW), and non-working spouses (NWS) can download the SSS mobile app and log-in using their My.SSS account’s user ID and password, to immediately get their PRN to pay for their monthly contribution.
If you don’t have My.SSS online account yet, you may also use the mobile app to register.
Once you’re signed in, tap the “Generate PRN/SOA” icon in the SSS Mobile App home screen to get a PRN.
You can also view, download and edit your Statement of Account (SOA), particularly the amount of contribution payment and applicable paying period using the App.
Aside from generating PRN using the app, you can now also apply for Salary Loan and submit your maternity notification.
- To submit your salary loan application, tap the “My Loans” icon located at the mobile app’s home screen.
- You can view and edit the loanable amount. But make sure you agree with the terms of service to proceed with viewing of the loan disclosure statement and to submit the salary loan application.
- Female members can submit their maternity notification by tapping the “Maternity Notification” icon and providing the expected date of delivery and number of pregnancies/miscarriages.
You can also check your SSS contributions and personal information in the mobile app and you can update them if necessary.
If you’re planning to visit the SSS branch, you can also find the branch locator in the app.
Indeed, the enhanced SSS Mobile App is very helpful and easy to use. If you don’t have it yet, I recommend you download the app now and enjoy the advantages of this new mobile facility of the Social Security System.
Please note though that you need to have internet connection to be able to use the SSS Mobile App.
Watch this video tutorial on how to get SSS PRN online this 2019.
- How to Apply for SSS Loan
- How to Login to SSS Online Successfully and View your SSS Contributions
- How to Get UMID Card Fast – Requirements, Steps, and Updates
- SSS Online Application for SSS Number and SSS Online Registration
Maria Shiela Mutiangpili says
I do not have my PRN number how to get it
Is there a new way of getting prn number?
Gdnn can i get my prn?so i can pay tru service center tnx.
yes, please follow the steps above.
where are the steps?
pls share to me the steps. i do not know the procedure
i would like to pay the sss contribution of our employee . how to pay? what is prn?
christopher lord elio says
self – employed na po ako ngayon…huminto ako sa paghulog ng SSS…at gusto kong ipagpatuloy…magkano po ngayon ang monthly contribution ko… nabayaran ko na rin yung mga loan ko sa SSS…sana po ay matulungan nyo po ako..
Crissy Globa says
Hello po ask ko lang paano ma-open ni employer yung sss nya kung nag request kami na forgot password.e wala naman po dumadating sa email
Sana kahit temporary password bigyan nyo kami di kase kami makapag print ng PRN for every month