Since January 16, 2018, all SSS members must present their SSS Payment Reference Number or PRN to pay their SSS contributions.
SSS PRN is a unique number that is generated for each SSS member which you need to use when paying your contributions to the Philippine Social Security System.
Some SSS members, especially the voluntary members, are still confused as to what the SSS PRN or Payment Reference Number is.
- The PRN is not the CRN or Common Reference Number that you can find in your UMID or SSS ID.
- The PRN is also not the SSS Number.
So, what is my PRN?
There are different ways to find or get your PRN.
For Individual Members or Voluntary Members:
- If you registered your mobile number with the SSS, you will receive your PRN through SMS or text message.
- If you didn’t receive it, you may request your PRN through the following options:
- Request your PRN by going to the E-Centers or Member Services Section in SSS branches
- Request your PRN at the SSS Tellering Counters and Payment Channels
- Request your PRN via Email
- Send an email to PRNHelpLine@sss.gov.ph or email@example.com to request for your PRN. Indicate your name, SSS Number or Common Reference Number (CRN), and your date of birth in the email.
- Request your PRN via Phone Call
- Call the PRN Helpline at 920-6446 to 55 or the Toll-Free Hotline 1-800-10-225, which is open 24 hours, Mondays to Fridays.
- Request your PRN via Online
- Register and Login to the online facility of SSS (My.SSS) at www.sss.gov.ph
For me, the easiest and most convenient way to get SSS PRN is via online. I just need to login to my SSS online account, and I can easily view my SSS PRN and access my SSS contributions online. I don’t need to go to the SSS branch anymore. It’s very convenient.
If you are already registered to SSS online, here’s how you can get your SSS PRN or Payment Reference Number.
Open the SSS website at sss.gov.ph. Look for the Member Login box, then enter your User ID and Password.
If you’re not registered yet, click the button below “Not yet registered in My.SSS?”
Once you’re successfully logged in, click the Payment Reference Number (PRN) tab on the main navigation menu.
Your Payment Reference Number (PRN) will appear on the page. The information that you will see on the page were based on your previous SSS contribution payment.
Click the “Print Statement of Account (SOA)” button to print your SOA with your PRN which you will present when you pay your SSS contributions.
Click “Edit SOA” button if you would like to change the Applicable Period, Amount of Monthly Contributions and Membership Type.
- To edit the SOA, enter the correct info and click Submit Request.
Here is a sample Statement of Account with Payment Reference Number or PRN.
Steps to Get PRN for Employers
- Log in to your My.SSS account
- Click on Payment Reference Number (PRN)
- Review and edit your e-CL (Electronic Collection List)
- Generate Payment Reference Number (PRN)
Why Use SSS Payment Reference Number (PRN)
Using the PRN when paying your SSS contributions allows the system to post your payment real-time. Once you paid your contributions, you will be able to see it in your SSS account immediately.
This means that there would no longer be delays in the posting of contributions and in the processing of SSS benefits.
- How to Login to SSS Online Successfully and View your SSS Contributions
- How to Get UMID Card Fast – Requirements, Steps, and Updates